Job Opportunity at Wenner-Gren – Position: Staff Accountant
The Wenner-Gren Foundation is a private operating foundation dedicated to the advancement of anthropology throughout the world. With a $200 million endowment and a staff of 12 employees, the foundation supports the anthropological community through its grant, fellowship, conference, publication, and capacity building programs.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Finance Office. This position works closely with the Assistant Controller and Vice President for Finance on maintaining the general ledger and financial records for the organization.
- Review and process invoices from vendors
- Review and process requests for grant and fellowship payments
- Prepare transfer instructions for investment capital calls
- Manage accounts receivable
- Maintain cash flow schedules for operating and investment cash accounts
- Assist with record keeping for investment portfolio
- Assist with annual audit including preparation of the audit confirmation letters
- Maintain paid time off (PTO) records
- Assist with 1099 reporting and filing
- Maintain/organize digital files for the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance required
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Knowledge and experience working with accounting software; experience in Sage 50, QuickBooks Online, and/or BILL is a plus
- Experience working with Office 365 and solid background in Excel
- Solid technical, analytical, organizational, and planning skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Applications for the Staff Accountant position are being accepted online via Ziprecruiter.com. You will be asked to upload your resume and a letter of interest. In the letter of interest, please comment on how your experience makes you a good match for this position. Applications will be accepted until January 16, 2023. Due to the expected high volume of applications for the position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Foundation is currently working remotely. We anticipate moving to a hybrid work policy in the future, so proximity to the Foundation’s office in midtown Manhattan is important.
Wenner-Gren is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.