PLEASE NOTE: Wenner-Gren Symposia are booked through 2015 and the Foundation is not accepting applications at this time. The next deadline for applications to the Wenner-Gren Symposium Program is October 1, 2014, to select our March 2016 symposium. Application forms for the next deadline will be posted in August 2014.
- To ensure a competitive application the Foundation advises applicants to follow closely all the procedures for completing the application.
- Applications must be submitted on the most recent official application form. Application forms and guidelines for completing these forms are available three months before each application deadline.
- The Foundation operates an online application procedure. All application forms and other required application materials must be submitted online. If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants are not required to submit hard copies of their applications to the Foundation. This is an online-only application.
- Applications can only be made within 3 months of the application deadline.
- Applications must be in English.
- The Wenner-Gren Symposium application asks for the following categories of information, which must be submitted by the application deadline:
- General information about the applicant and the proposed symposium.
- A description of your proposed symposium that emphasizes its importance to current “big” questions in the field of Anthropology.
- Proposed list of participants and why they have been chosen. Note that the proposed participants should NOT be contacted and invited to participate prior to acceptance of the proposal and consultation with the Foundation.
- A brief bibliography on the theme of the symposium.
- Curriculum vitae for the organizer (and co-organizer)
- If the application is successful, the Foundation is required to comply with all US laws that impact the symposium. This includes, but is not limited to, regulations governed by the US Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). OFAC administers US Government sanction programs and regulations pertaining to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN List). You can consult the US Department Treasury website for more information on US Government sanction programs and the SDN List at www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
Symposium applicants need to be aware that restrictions might apply if the intention is to invite participants from Cuba, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), North Korea, Sudan or Syria.
- Do not send any other material, such as letters of recommendation, computer disks, manuscripts, publications, photographs, or recordings to the Foundation in support of your application. This material will not be used in the review process and cannot be returned.