Application Deadlines and Decision Notification
- There is one application deadline each year on May 1 (for funding starting in January of the following year).
- Applications must be submitted using the Foundation's online application submission procedure by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the day of the deadline. In addition, five printed copies of the complete application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received by the Foundation no later than two weeks after the deadline or your application will not be reviewed. If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail. Please note: application materials e-mailed or faxed to the Foundation will not be accepted.
- The Foundation operates a two-stage decision-making process:
- Stage One: Applications are screened against the General Criteria for Evaluation. All applicants will be notified as to whether or not they are successful at this stage, generally 3 months after the deadline. Approximately 50% of all applications are successful at this stage
- Stage Two: Successful applications are sent to an external panel for academic review. Applicants will be notified within 5-6 months of the original application deadline.
- The Foundation requests that applicants not call or e-mail to inquire about the status of their application. The applicant will be contacted by the Foundation if any additional information is needed to process their application.